Amber Stefanski - G-I-N-G-E-R

GINGER

Happy 30th Birthday!

You’ve lived a Fabulous 30 years. I’m excited to see you through the next 30.

Here are a few of the special things about you that make me enjoy our friendship so much!

Love- Amber

PS- Looking forward to seeing your tattoo!


G- Green: Your intentionality to do what’s best for yours and your family’s body and the earth are admirable. I enjoy learning from you and your blog about different ways to ensure that we are keeping our bodies as healthy as God intends for them. I appreciate your devotion to its maintenance.

I- Ice: You truly are a warm-weather person. The frigid ice-cold temperatures of the Chicago-land winters are no fun for anyone. However, you never really complain about them, you really just state the facts of how absolutely cold it is. Though you long for the warmer temps, you don’t hole up and hibernate. You simply bundle up in many, many layers and long socks and go about your day!

N- Needs: Your spirit is very generous in this discipline. You seek and see the needs of other and pray to help them. You follow God’s leading to give to others who have a need. This is not only for your direct family (TJ, Bauer, and Cash) but for many you do not know. You are very intentional to grow in this area. I love learning from your examples and your accountability to always seek the generous route—it will never be wrong in God’s eyes.

“A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.” (Proverbs 11:25)

G- God-seeking: “…what can settle your mind will not settle your soul. It will stir it up. You are a unique creation made by God to live and not simply exist. Your soul longs to find its ultimate purpose. It will not rest until you do. Your soul craves its destiny. Your soul desires. It always will. You were created as a creative being. You were made to grow, to dream, to achieve. Your soul is letting you know you come from God and your life is intended to be God-sized and God-inspired.” (“Soul Cravings” entry 23)

E- Ears: “Everyone should be quick to listen; slow to speak…” (James 1:19) You are a great listener. Not only do you listen well, you pay keen attention and care to what is being said. You remember small details and follow-up often on so many pieces of daily conversation. It creates significant value in all your relationships and our friendship!

R- Read: You are so well read. I love that you read for pleasure as much as to educate yourselves on the many decisions we make in our lives. I love that you post them on your blog. For fun—here they are for this post!

Books I’m Reading Right Now

1. Eat to Live (Joel Fuhrman) - reread


2. The Live Food Factor (Susan Schenk)


3. Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child (John Gottman)

Books I’ve Read This Year

1. The China Study (T. Colin Campbell)


2. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life (Amy Krouse Rosenthal)


3. Dreams From My Father (Barack Obama)


4. The Mother’s Guide to the Meaning of Life (AKR)

5. Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)


6. New Moon (Stephenie Meyer)


7. Be Last (Jeremy Kingsley)


8. The Shack (William Paul Young)


9. Green for Life (Victoria Boutenko)


10. The Blessing of a Skinned Knee (Wendy Mogel)


11. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda (Les Parrot)

Books I Recommend on Eating for Health

1. Eat to Live (Joel Fuhrman)


2. Disease-Proof Your Child (Joel Fuhrman)


3. The China Study (T. Colin Campbell)


4. Green for Life (Victoria Boutenko)


5. Never Be Sick Again (Raymond Francis)


6. The 80/10/10 Diet (Douglas Graham)

Books I Recommend on Parenting

1. The Blessing of a Skinned Knee (Wendy Mogel)


2. Respectful Kids (Todd Cartmell)


3. Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child (John Gottman)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Ginger said...

Ears is what I'd say about you, Amber, so it means a lot that you think that of me. I am so thankful for our friendship. I love that quote from Soul Cravings and I like your idea to use the letters of my name to write your post. Looking forward to spending time at Naper Days with y'all today.

Post a Comment