Shannon R.

Dear Ginger,
Happy 30th Birthday!!! I'm so excited for you that TJ has put together this blog and you'll get to read wonderful words about YOU all month long!

Ginger, I just want to tell you that you're one of my favorite friends ever. Seriously. When I met you about 11 years ago (see above!), I knew right away that you were a different sort of person. Not only did you wear cool thift store t-shirts and pigtail braids, you were always up for an adventure! It was fun to sit around with you and think of fun things to do... like the time we just hopped in the car, drove to the mall and got the tops of our ears pierced together! (We were CRAZY, I know!) You made me cool signs for my room... you've always been a thoughtful giver. And you always had the time to just sit and listen when I stopped by to pour my heart out. I'm so grateful that we had the chance to be roommates at Clemson. I loved hanging out in our room (surrounded by Got Milk? ads!) and talking about everything until late at night. I appreciate how you really take the time to think deeply about things. You never spout off quick advice; it is always heartfelt. I know that you've touched the lives of so many people in this way... probably more people than you know!

I wish, wish, wish that we lived closer together... or at least that I knew when we would see each other again, since I can't remember the last time we did! (Maybe that trip to Ikea in Baltimore like 4 years ago?) But more than that, I wish that you have a great birthday and that you realize how many people love you and admire you! You're one of a kind!

love, your friend Shannon!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Ginger said...

Shannon, thank you for all your kind words. Yes, I love that we got our ears pierced together. And I love that we got to be roommates in college. I love how intentional you are about life and thinking through things, so I'm glad I could listen. You are one of my favorite people too and I can't wait to see you again someday. Lots of love, Ginger

Post a Comment