Miska - Celebrating YOU
Dear Ginger~
It seems our friendship developed in an unlikely way, doesn't it? A brief conversation after church when you were visiting Clemson, lots of writing emails back and forth, a visit to see each other here and there. . . I love this story! I love the surprising grace of unexpected friendship, looking at and listening to someone else and experiencing that intangible something that is familiar and kindred. What a gift your friendship has been to me.
What has drawn me to you from the first, Ginger, is your earnest, attentive heart and mind. I love the way you ask questions--boldly, eagerly. I love how full of good desires you are. I love the way you are wrestling with faith and life and motherhood and love. I love that you are hungry for the Gospel, for Jesus to set you free into deeper, more abundant life.
You are a woman of courage and beauty and strength. You have spent your first 30 years well, and I hope that in your next 30 years, you continue walking down the path you are already on. I pray and hope these things for you: a heart that's fully alive, a deep knowledge that God looks at you in utter delight and love, courage to keep an open heart in this broken world, and increasing freedom to be the lovely, passionate, wise, authentic woman that you are.
Happy 30th birthday, sweet friend o' mine. I celebrate your life and am so glad that God dreamed you up!
Much love~
miska






1 comments:
I love letters and especially ones from my dear friend Miska. Thank you for writing me a birthday letter and for being someone who notices properly. Thank you for seeing in me that I am full of good desires and for wishing all those good things you wished for me. I hope one day they all come true too. Thanks for your tattoo thoughts as well in your email. Hope you're having a great vacation!
Post a Comment