Desiree

Ambassador camp!!! When I think about our childhood summers - that is what comes to mind. It was just this time of year 22 summers ago - we had our first sleep over camp experience at Lake Waccamaw. Do you remember anything about our very first week? It does seem that the 8 summers we attended seem to run together. Here are some of things that I remember of the fun, simple, and carefree times we had there as kids:


- Finally getting assigned to stay in the cabins - as opposed the the air conditioned lodge
- Meal time songs - "Fried Ham, Fried Ham - cheese and bologna..." and the list goes on
-The bell that woke us up every morning - and was rung every time we had to be somewhere
-Aunt Sarah's Missionary Stories
-Kangaroo Court!
-homestyle meals - the vegetable soup and peanut butter with apple jelly sandwiches where my favorite!
-Alligator stories that we would "exaggerate" to tease other campers
-Learning how to water ski - finally getting to the point that we could stand up and stay up the entire time!
-Rest time
-Reciting Bible Verses
- Lunch time Mail call -
- Cabin Clean up - remember how we had to sign-up for chores?
- painting those ceramic figurines
- making those multicolored bracelets with rex lace
-popcorn and lemonade snacks
-morning chorus
-The Banquet!

I'm sure you can add to the list! Just wanted to help you reminisce our childhood - the pure fun we had together ! Oh, have things changed since those days- but having fun - I'm sure has stayed the same for both of us!

Happy Birthday!
Desiree

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Ginger said...

Awww Desiree. Those were such fun things we did together all those years ago. I am so glad you and I have those shared memories and experiences that will truly last my whole lifetime. I remember mail call and cabin clean up, etc better than I remember things that happened just a month ago. I am so glad I had a best friend like you growing up and even though we don't see each other or talk that much now, I will always know you as my first best friend and will always love you for it. Thanks for contributing to my birthday blog. I am really glad you did. Love, Ginger

Post a Comment