TJ Friesen
Happy Birthday, Ginger!
Guess how many posts there have been so far? 46. Which makes mine, post 47! Ahh yeah! I have so enjoyed putting this blog together for you. Actually, I guess everyone else put it together, but it has been fun reading them. I hope you have felt loved and encouraged over the past 30 days. And it doesn't stop with just the online version, Lauren gave me a great idea to use Blurb to turn this blog into a book so you can sit down and read it in a way that you probably like better...on paper!
I was thinking about the first birthday that I knew you and how we celebrated it...21 years old and we got engaged at Lake Louise! Seems like the last nine and a half years have gone by both fast and slow at times. I am so glad we are together!
When we were in California earlier this year we stopped at Laguna Beach Books and I sneakily bought you a birthday card without you knowing (I think). I know how much you love cards so I think you are going to love this one.
You are such a gardener of the soul, more than anyone else that I know. Your desire for growth is inspiring and makes me want to be a better best friend to you. And I was so inspired by the idea of this card and the phrase "She is You" that I just had to write and record a song. So to end off this surprise blog, here is one last surprise... click play to listen!
She is You
She loves fruit smoothies, lists, reading books and words
She loves stuffed little bunnies, and small windowsill birds
She loves her hoodie, and she hearts the library too
She loves the names she picked, and the two boys who got them
She loves to eat her veggies, and tend them in the garden
She loves to run outside, and every shade of blue
She is you, she is my only one, she is you
She is you, when all is said and done, she is you
She's a deep well of thoughts, and for honesty she is known
She makes me better than I, could ever be alone
I can't believe this girl, she wants to be with me too
She is you, she is my only one, she is you
She is you, when all is said and done, she is you
She wants to be free
She's getting closer I see
Let's spend your next thirty years
With lots of laughter and tears
I love you
She is you, she is my only one, she is you
She is you, when all is said and done, she is you






7 comments:
I am head over heels in love with my TJ. What a perfect gift. The line "She loves the names she picked, and the two boys who got them" is my favorite line of the song, but I just love all the different things TJ wrote about the things I love. This birthday blog in general and this post specifically are more than one girl could ask for to make turning 30 not-so-bad at all. Thank you TJ. And you really should sing more often. We're missing out when you don't!
what a perfect ending to your blog, and perfect beginning of your 30th year. happy birthday!
TJ, your song made me cry! Beautiful! What better gift could you give your wife on her birthday? Wow. Thanks for inviting all of us to be a part of this celebration for Ginger.
And to you, Ginger, I send love, blessings, and wishes for a wonderful birthday and many, many years of happiness to come!
P.S. I can't wait to see your tattoo.
Ginger, and TJ - what an amazing 30 days. I, too, had the idea to turn this into a book (understandable coming from a librarian) and I think that is the most fitting slice of this perfect pie. We all have written (well, recorded) Ginger's story here, and I can think of no nicer, more tender, more priceless treasure as a gift. You two are dear and precious members of our family and I agree so much with Holly's insight - this has changed all of us in one way or another. Thank you for sharing yourself so generously with the world and those you touch, dearest Ginger. May 30 be your best year ever. I love you. Suzy
How great is he! You are so blessed to have each other.
Awesome song, TJ! I am way impressed. Can't wait to see the tattoo, Ginger! post pics soon :)
Love to you both - just got home from our retreat which included a one week media fast and are now catching up on all things birthday and friesencold. Congratulations on celebrating this wonderful milestone so well. Love it!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment